Established as a merger of three banks. Bank Kemakmuran (1956), Bank Industri dan Dagang Indonesia (1956) and Bank Industri Djaya Indonesia (1969).
The First Indonesian bank to go public, listing its shares on the Jakarta Stock Exchange.
Ranked as "Top 10" among 243 national commercial banks.
Multidimensional crisis hits Indonesia: political, economic, and social. Panin Bank was one of only few banks certified by international Accounting Firm as "A" category bank and was exempted from being recapitalized by the government.
Panin Bank chosen as "The Best Domestic Bank" by Global Finance Magazine for three consecutive years.
Technical Assistance Agreement signed with strategic partner ANZ Banking Group, Australia which acquired 29% shareholding.
Repositioning Panin Bank s business strategy from traditionally corporate banking, undertakes retail and consumers segments. A change program in corporate culture and new business initiatives.
Rated "The Best Rated Bank in the Indonesian Banking Industry Post Crisis" by Moody s Investor Service-BFSR.
Achieved a leading position in consumer banking products and services supporting Panin Bank s retail business strategy.
Awarded "Best Public Bank" based on EVA Concept (MarkPlus and Swa) and "Best Bank in Forex Transaction Reporting" (Bank Indonesia).
Awarded "Best Public Bank" based on EVA Concept (MarkPlus and Swa), "Best Non-Recap Bank" (Investor) and "The Most Active Participant - Government and Corporate Bonds Trading" (Surabaya Stock Exchange).
Received Elite Quality Recognition Award (JP Morgan Chase) for fund transfer operations; nominated "Best National Bank 2005" (Bisnis Indonesia); "Best Non-Recap Public Bank with Assets Above Rp. 10 trillion" (Investor Magazine); and "Excellence Award for Financial Achievements" (InfoBank).
Received Asiamoney's "Best Domestic Provider of FX Serices", The Bank of New York's "Recognition of Outstanding Payment Formatting and Straight Through Rate", and "The JP Morgan Quality Recognition Award" and named one of the 4 Best Selling Agent for the ORI II Government Retail Bonds.:
Panin Bank ranked as Indonesia’s 5th largest non-state bank, and 8th largest overall. Total Assets: Rp. 40.5 trillion. Network: 273 offices.
1. Received the “Most Active Participant in Corporate Bond Transaction in the Bank Category” award by the Surabaya Stock Exchange.
2. Received three award by Marketing Research Indonesia (MRI) and Infobank Magazine:
* Best Performance, Internet Banking – Runner-up
* Best Performance SMS Banking – Runner-up
* Best Performance, Phone Banking in 2005-2006, Ranked No. 9
- 2nd Best FX Prime Brooking Services dari Asia Money Magazine
- 3rd Best Domestic Provider of FX Services in Indonesia dari Asia Money Magazine
- Best Performance Banking 2010 - Kategori Bank Swasta Besar dari ABFI Banking Award
- Quality Recognition Award dari JP Morgan Chase
- Peringkat pertama Banking Efficiency Award dari Bisnis Indonesia
- The 5th Strongest Bank in Indonesia dari The Asian Banker 2010
- 2009 Outstanding Payment Formatting and STP Rate dari Bank of New York Mellon
- Bank berpredikat "Sangat Bagus" atas Kinerja Keuangan Tahun 2009 dari InfoBank Award
- The Best International Bank oleh Bali Best Brand Award 2011
- Bank berpredikat "Sangat Bagus" atas kinerja keuangan tahun 2010 dari InfoBank Award
- Indonesia-Best Environmental Initiative Award dari Asian Banking & Finance Magazine untuk
program Corporate Social Responsibility (CSR) Reforest Indonesia
- Banking Efficiency Award 2011 dari Bisnis Indonesia Award
- Indonesia Brand Champion Award 2011 dalam kategori Brand Equity Champion of
Conventional Banking (Asset > IDR 65 Trillion)
- The Best Improved Retail Bank in Asia Pacific, Central Asia, Africa, and The Gulf Region dari
The Asian Banker Awards
- The Best Core Banking Implementation for Medium-Sized Bank dari The Asian Banker